Undergraduate Students 

The undergraduate admissions page for the university has the necessary information for undergraduate students new to NMSU. For current students at the university that wish to change major, or add math as a major, please contact Prof. Louiza Fouli, the chair of the Undergraduate Majors and Minors committee.

Graduate Students

Students need to submit an application through the university’s NMSU Graduate Admissions at Please read the application instructions carefully.
Students should also please send a scan of their transcripts and a brief cover letter about yourself, if you have one, directly to our department at We do this so there is better contact between us and the applicants, and so that we can help if there are any difficulties with a larger university admission process. 
We accept applications at any time, but if you are planning to come in Fall of 2020, it is best to have your application in by the end of January. At least, get your vita, cover letter, and scans of your transcripts to us by then by sending them to the e-mail
If you have any troubles or questions, please contact us, we are happy to help.